Lightweight Web Server Nginx 1.22 Released: Introducing OpenSSL 3.0 Compatibility
Nginx version 1.22 was officially released today.
The lightweight web server is known in the industry for its high performance.
In the new version, it introduces OpenSSL 3.0 compatibility, strengthens Request Smuggling and Cross-Protocol Attacks, and adds Application- Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) support.
In a brief announcement, key highlights of Nginx 1.22 include:
nginx-1.22.0 stable has been released, with new features and bug fixes from the 1.21.x mainline branch – including
- Enhanced protection against potential request smuggling and cross-protocol attacks,
- ALPN support in the Steam module,
- Better allocation of workers Connections between processes on Linux,
- Support for the PCRE2 library,
- Support for OpenSSL 3.0 and SSL_sendfile(),
- Improved sendfile handling on FreeBSD,
- The mp4_start_key_frame directive