The official version of Windows 11 is pushed now! Free upgrade method and minimum system requirements announced.
As previously announced, Microsoft officially announced that the official version of Windows 11 will be available today (October 5).
Microsoft said that today marks an exciting milestone in Windows history. With the arrival of October 5th in various time zones around the world, eligible Windows 10 computers will receive free upgrades. The official provides three ways to obtain Windows 11:
- Purchase a new PC with Windows 11 pre-installed;
- Purchase a Windows 10 computer that meets the conditions of a free upgrade;
- Use the PC Health Check application to check whether your current Windows 10 PC meets the conditions for a free upgrade.
If you are currently using Windows 10, you can use the PC Health Check application to check whether your device meets the upgrade requirements (that is, meet the minimum system requirements of Windows 11).
Open the Windows Update settings (Settings>Update and Security>Windows Update) and select Check for Updates to see if the device can be upgraded to Windows 11.
If your device meets the conditions and is ready to upgrade, there will be download and installation options, just select download and install.
The following are the minimum system requirements for upgrading Windows 11:
- Processor: 1GHz or faster 64-bit processor (dual-core or multi-core) or system-on-chip (SoC)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Storage : 64 GB or larger storage device
- System firmware : Support UEFI secure boot
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics card: Support DirectX 12 or higher, support WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: High-definition (720p) display with a diagonal length greater than 9 inches, each color channel is 8 bits
It is reported that in order to ensure the effect of the upgrade, Microsoft will first provide upgrade services for new devices that meet the conditions. Next, according to the hardware conditions, reliability, use time, and other factors that will affect the experience of the upgrade, the existing equipment on the market will be upgraded in stages.
It is estimated that by the middle of 2022, all eligible devices can be upgraded to Windows 11 for free.
Microsoft also said that for those PC users who cannot upgrade, or users who are not yet ready to transition to a new device, Windows 10 is still their appropriate choice.
Microsoft will continue to provide support for Windows 10 until October 14, 2025 . It is understood that the next feature update of Windows 10 will be launched later this year.
The official version of Windows 11 is pushed today! Free upgrade method and minimum system requirements announced
– THE END –
The official version of Windows 11 is pushed now!